Northern Inland Football (NIF) is the organisation responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football throughout the Northern Inland Region of NSW. NIF is one of Northern NSW Football’s 7 Member Zones and provides opportunities for approximately 6000 registered players to enjoy the sport of football.
The position will provide administrative support for NIF competitions and Club registrations. The position will also support the General Manager, Technical Director and Zone Referees Coordinator and will provide administrative support to the Zones 40 Members clubs and associations to assist the delivery of football throughout the region.
NIF has an office in Tamworth and Armidale. This position will be required to work in both towns. The position reports to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for the benefits of sport in regional communities
- Excellent communication,
- Organisation and administrative skills
- Bookkeeping and Payroll skills
- A willingness to work flexible hours to support the region’s largest participant sport.
- A willingness to travel within the region.
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter addressing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour required for the position as per the position description.
A remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with demonstrated knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Please direct all telephone enquiries to Gavin Flanagan on 0400 523 288 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a position description please see below.
Applications close: Monday 30 May 2016
POSITION DESCRIPTION – OPERATIONS OFFICER
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Purpose of Role
- To provide professional administrative practices which facilitate the conduct of successful competitions, special events, marketing opportunities and adoption of best practice administrative procedures within Northern Inland Football.
- Promote enhanced relationships between Northern Inland Football and affiliated member clubs, referees and other stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Operational activities in relation to competitions
- Competition database administration
- Special events co-ordinator
- Referee administration tasks as required
- Player Insurance Claims
- Player and match records
- Disciplinary records
- Office duties including general book keeping and payroll, record keeping and management of technology resources
- Communication with clubs
- Administrative duties for High Performance programs
- Other duties as directed by the General Manager
- Satisfy expectations of 80% of clubs competing
- Implement special events (Acropolis, Mann, Johnson and NIF Cups and Grand Finals)
- Collate competition results and other records and administer the NIF website to provide regular updates, weekly competition results and program information to support communication for with key stakeholders.
- Completion of administrative requirements within stated timelines
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent time management
- High attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Motivated and committed
- Ability to work independently
- Enhanced initiative
- Strong technical capacity and ability with spread sheeting, data bases and web applications
- Ability to learn the desirable criteria below
Essential and Unique Criteria
- Able to work weekends and perform tasks outside of normal recognised work hours
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Preparedness to adapt to demanding and variable environments
Interest in sport and, specifically, football would be looked upon favourably
- Knowledge of Payroll & Finance Duties from Data entry to BAS Preparation & Payment Summaries
- Ability to create & implement Accounts Policies/Procedures
- Ability to build & reconcile current years accounting/payroll data file
- Ability to meet all Financial Reporting requirements for monthly Board Meetings
- Experience with Not for Profit/Sporting Organisation Accounting practices desirable but not essential
- BAS Agent registration
- General Manager
- Board of Directors
- Other Staff
- Other zones
- External stakeholders